*photos grabbed from Sarah's blog*
Sarah compiled a list of organizations/groups accepting donations.
2. SMART Subscribers * Smart subscribers all over the country may send help to those affected by typhoon Sendong. Smart Money users can instantly transfer funds through their mobile phones to the official Baha Fund account number 5577 5130 6822 1104. Donors may also deposit cash to the same Smart Money account number in any Banco De Oro branch nationwide or through Hapinoy and Cebuana Lhuillier outlets. * SMARTCares: Subscribers may donate to #Sendong victims via text. Just send RED to 4143. Valid donation amounts 10, 25, 50, 100.”
3. Globe Subscribers Through GCASH, text DONATE and send to 2882.
4. Iligan Bloggers Society through One For Iligan allows you to donate $1 for the Iligan flood victims of typhoon Sendong. * One for Iligan is a Google doc that tells you how you can donate at least US$1 via PayPal * Contact points SITE: http//:iliganbloggers.comEMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.orgFB Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/iliganbloggers * How to else to help?The group Iligan Bloggers Society says that aside from paypal donations, they are also asking for canned goods, noodles, bath and laundry soaps, toothpaste, rice, used clothings and slippers.
5. DXIC SITE: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rmn-dxic-iligan
FB Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/iliganbloggers
6. Xavier University, Tabang * Any help -- food, clothes, books, bottled water, others -- can be sent to Fr. Eric Garcia Velandria SJ, coordinator of Sendong Operation, KKP Office, Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan, 9000, Corrales Ave. Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. According to XU-CSG President, GemGem Tero, food and clothes donations are more needed. Account Name: Xavier University Bank Name: Bank of the Philippine Islands, CDO Divisoria Branch Account Number: 9331-0133-63
7. Armed Forces of the Philippines The Civil Relations Service AFP at Camp Aguinaldo is accepting donations. It will fly donations/relief goods via C130. Contact details: Situation Awareness Center (SAC), CRS AFP, Camp Aguinaldo, QC Landline: 912-6615 CP Nr. (0917)2471252 Focal Person: Lt. Col. Rolando Rodil, Operations Officer
8. Department of Social Welfare and Development Volunteers are needed at DSWD Cagayan de Oro (Masterson Road, Upper Carmen) to repack and deliver relief goods. Call 09066150095 @DSWDserve
9. The Oblate Missionary Foundation (OMF) accepts donation for the victims of Sendong. Email us: email@example.com Call or text us 0644212652/09177204604/09228366422 You can send food items, drinking water, used clothing, blankets, medicines, cash and what you have to the following dropping centers.
10. Panday Bulig Relief and Rehabilitation Center Tabang Mindanao Center 12th-22nd streets, Nazareth 9000 Cagayan de Oro CityT/F: +63 (88) 856 6413E: firstname.lastname@example.org(look for Ms. Beryl Tranco)
11. Rural Missionaries of the Philippines Northern Mindanao Sub-Region Room 01, Kalinaw Lanao Center0016 Bougainvilla Puti, Villaverde9200 Iligan CityT/F: +63 223 5179E: email@example.comW: www.rmp-nmr.org(look for Ms. Ida Melody Bucog)
12. Drop Center in Metro Manila c/o StartArt Project 10A Alabama st New Manila Quezon CityMobile:+63926 7112450 email:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com For cash donations, please send to this account: Bank Name and Address:Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)Quezon Avenue branch, 9200 Iligan City, Philippines Account number: 009359-1348-08 Swift Code: BOPIPHMM Account Name and Address: RMP-NMR Inc.
13. TV5, Cash donations may be sent through the following accounts: TV5 Kapatid Foundation Inc. BDO Savings Account No. 005310-410164 and Bank of the Philippine Islands Savings Account No. 1443-05333-2 | Donations in kind like food, clothing, utensils, blankets, mats, water containers, and medicines may be sent to News5 Aksyon Center, TV5 office in San Bartlolome, Novaliches, Quezon City. For inquiries, please call News5 Aksyon Center hotline - 938-6393.
Let's do everything we can to help. And above all, let us pray for all the lives lost, dreams crushed and broken hearts. May those who lost their lives in this tragedy quickly find their way into God's arms, and those who lost loved ones find comfort in their faith.
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival. ~Winston Churchill